A long forgotten conversation

Her: [Pause] Do you love me?

Him: Of course I do.

Her: How much?

Him: I don't know . . . loads. To infinity and then some.

Her: [Contentedly] Good.

Him: That's that sorted, then.

Her: [Playfully] So what would you do if I ever split up with you?

Him: Are you going to do that?

Her: No.

Him: Then why are we talking about it?

Her: It's called conversation. People do it all the time.

Him: So let me get this straight, the question is what would I do if you hypothetically dumped me?

Her: Yes.

Him: Hypothetically nothing.

Her: Nothing?

Him: Well, as we're mad about each other it'd take me doing something pretty stupid for you to want to get rid of me. [Pause] Like if I started biting my own toenails or something. I'd dump me if I started doing that.

Her: Do you always have to be so logical?

Him: [Laughs] I'd be devastated. Destroyed. Dismantled. And other words beginning with "D."

Her: But what would you do?

Him: Do? [Pause] I would do everything in my power to get you back.

Her: Like what?

Him: Climbing the highest mountain, crossing scorching deserts, fighting man-eating tigers--that sort of thing. Granted there aren't that many tigers, mountains or deserts in Muswell Hill. But you get my drift.

Her: What if the odds were impossible?

Him: Then I'd die trying.

Her: What if I told you I didn't love you anymore?

Him: I wouldn't believe you.

Her: But you wouldn't ever give up trying?

Him: Nah. Some things you can't give up on, can you?

Her: Mr. Duffy, you've answered every single question correctly.

Him: Great, so what do I win?

Her: Me.


Taken from the book "Mr Commitment" by MIKE GAYLE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lovescope LEO