Extract from a book

The phone just rang. I didnt even check the caller ID to see who it was, because i knew. Who else would call this late and risk waking up Rocky (who could sleep through a war protest...and actually has)?
And mum confirmed it when she looked in to say it was Michael, saying sorry to call so late but I wasnt picking up my cell and he wanted to make sure I'd made it home OK.
Like I'll ever be OK again.
Mum asked if I wanted to speak to him and I just looked at her and said, "Um, Michael, now is probably not the best time,' into the phone and went away.
My chest feels funny. Like it's empty and hollow inside. I wonder if this is because I just barfed up the rest of my dinner or if it's because my heart has shattered into so many little pieces it's basically disappeared.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lovescope LEO