Fly me to the moon

Taken from "A place called here" by Cecelia Ahern


"One by one the people explained how they had arrived HERE. It was an emotional experience. Some had been here only a few years, others over a decade, yet the realisation of never returning home was still raw. There were tears from many, as usual, but none from me. It was as though by the time my tears worked their way from my heart to my eyes, they had evaporated and drifted into the air as sad vapours instead. "

" No, the age gap didn't matter, it had never mattered. The years weren't the problem; it was the time that was the fault. This new relationship existed without a ticking clock. There were no long hand to dictate the end of a converstaion. I could not be saved by the proverbial bell. He could access me at all times. Of course I ran."

" There's a fine line between love and hate. Love frees a soul and in the same breath can sometimes suffocate it. I walked that tightrope with all the gracefullness of an elephant, my head hoisting me to the side of love. It was a wobbly journey and sometimes I fell. Sometimes I fell for long periods of time but never for too long. Never for as long as this."

" I'm not asking to be liked. I've never yearned to be liked, nor am I asking to be understood; I've never been that either. When I behaved that way, when I left his bed, let go of his hand. hung up the phone and closed the door behind me, even I had difficulty liking me, understanding me. But it's just how I was."

" Never easier but a little less hard, perharps. It's always at the forefront of my mind, every single waking and sleeping moment. The hurt begins to evaporate so that it's always there in the air around me, ready to rain down when I least expect it. Then when the hurt goes, anger takes its place, when the anger runs out of steam, loneliness steps in to take over. It's a neverending circle of emotions; every lost emotion being replaced by another."

" We said we would meet again but we made no arrangements. Not out of any badness between us, but because I felt it had all been said, or not said but understood, and she probably did too. To know she was there was enough, and for her to know I was around probably was too. Sometimes that's all people ever really need. Just to know."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lovescope LEO